Saturday, August 1, 2009

Quality Time with Photoshop

About two months ago I got a Nikon D90 camera as a graduation gift from my parents, and I still am trying to figure out how to use it. I've taken some photos with it, but I have yet to discover the functions of a lot of the fancy-schmancy buttons and things. Yesterday my sister, our friend and I decided to get together and take some pictures. It turned out to be a very fun morning trekking around in the woods, playing in creeks and climbing in tree houses. I also got to experiment more with the new camera! I thought I'd share a sampling of the shots we got.

Since school and my graphic design class ended in May, I haven't really done much design stuff, so I was exceedingly glad to have some pictures to work on. While I was on my Photoshop spree, I made a little banner for the top of the blog, too. I only wish the picture was a little longer, because it wouldn't quite fill out to the edges of the page and so I had to fill the extra space in with brownish coloring and swirls. But overall it's okay I suppose; I am especially fond of the quill pen.

1 comment: