Monday, March 8, 2010

Obsessed?

You might have noticed that I love getting my blog backgrounds from Shabby Blogs. Despite my adoration for the site, I can’t let myself look at it very often, because every time I scroll through those luscious templates I fall in love a million times over. How is it possible to decide between brown or green or pink, or ribbons or buttons or sparkles, or busy or simple, or elegant or rustic, or natural or whimsical, or swirls or paisley? There are simply too many glorious choices. Whenever I let my guard down and click on that enticing link, it is at least an hour before I can decide on a single background to adopt. Then of course I must pick new fonts and a font color scheme that match, and once I do that, it is absolutely necessary for me to make new little banners for the side bar that coordinate with the background.

If you have never visited Shabby Blogs, please be cautious and do so at your own risk. You may lose a significant amount of time from your day, and your heart may nearly be torn in two when you’re deciding whether ‘tis best to go with “Bohemian Baby Blue” or “Southern Girl.” You may not even be able to come a decision, but instead decide to choose ALL of the backgrounds, using a different one for your blog every single day. I try to restrain myself, and only change my blog monthly. It hasn’t been so tempting lately because I haven’t been writing as much, but when I post on a regular basis it is nearly impossible to keep from delving into that collection of backgrounds of pure delight. No, this is not an obsession. This is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment